Volume 13, Issue 1: Footnotes
Our impeachable sources
Quotations in Order of Appearance
1. Somewhere in P.J O'Rourke, Modern Manners (New York: Atlantic Monthly Press, 1990).
2. Woody Allen, Stand Up Comic: Live at the Shadows, (Washington D.C.: United Artists, 1965). More Quotatable Chesterton, p. 451.
3. G.K. Chesterton; G. Marlin, ed., More Quotable Chesterton (San Francisco: Ignatius Press, 1988) p. 451.
4. John Milton, Tetrachoran, 2:597 cited in Leland Ryken, Worldly Saints (Grand Rapids: Zondervan Publishing, 1991).
5. C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed (New York: Bantam Books, 1961) p. 84.
6. Niccholes cited in Ryken, Worldly Saints, p. 44
7. C.S. Lewis; Walter Hooper, ed., Letters of C.S. Lewis (New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Publ., 1966) p. 141.
8. Ryken, Wordly Saints, p. 141.
8. C.S. Lewis; Walter Hooper, ed., Present Concerns (New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Publ., 1986) p. 19.
9. G. K. Chesteron, More Quotable, p. 263.
Donald Binder, Into the Temple Courts: The Place of the Synagogues in the Second Temple Period [Atlanta: SBL, 1999], p. 404.
1. George M. Marsden, Fundamentalism and American Culture, The Shaping of Twentieth-Century Evangelicalism: 1870-1925 (New York: Oxford University Press, 1980), p. 16.
1. For a detailed analysis of Calvin's thinking on music see Charles Garside, Jr., The Origins of Calvin's Theology of Music: 1536-1543 . Transactions of the American Philosophical Society, Volume 69, Part 4, 1979 (Philadelphia: The American Philosophical Society, 1979).
2. John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian Religion, translated and annotated by Ford Lewis Battles (Atlanta, John Knox Press, 1975), p. 100.
3. Ibid, p. 99.
4. Ibid, p. 100.
5. Ibid, p. 153.
6. Ibid, p. 153.
7. Translations of the Articles are made by Charles Garside, Jr., op.. cit., p. 7.
8. Ibid., pp. 7, 8.
9. Ibid., pp. 10.
10. Ibid., pp. 10
A Little Help for Our Friends
The Seventh Annual Christian Worldview Student Conference will be held July 9-14, 2001 at Christopher Newport University in Newport News, VA. It is sponsored by Calvary Reformed Presbyterian Church in Hampton, VA. Further information, contact Byron Snapp at (757) 826-5942; (757) 825-5843 (fax); email@example.com; or 403 Wheaton Road Hampton, VA 23666.
Send Wodehouse books to Lutherans in Chad. How could you do anything else? Info: Paul and Teresa Szobody, Mission Fraternelle Lutherienne, B.P. 11, Gounou Gaya, Chad, Africa
Parts of this might be helpful: NUCC says, "Tired of having to water-down your sermons because politically incorrect statements might jeopardize our tax-exempt status? Looking for some real freedom to speak to the vital issues of the day? Then the National Unlicensed Church Conference is for you! April 16-17, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. For a brochure call 262-675-2804 or go to www.mercyseat .net. For unlicensed church materials call 417-337-7533 ext. 1.
Back to top
Back to Table of Contents
Copyright © 2012 Credenda/Agenda. All rights reserved.