1. This setting should be sung in unison, observing the speech qualities of the rhythm rather than slavishly following the beat.
1. Under the Banner of Heaven, Page 21.
1. A reformed Baptist minister penned words to this effect over 65 years ago. The substance of this first paragraph is no more than a paraphrase of an article by A.W. Pinkís, Signs of the Times, 1937.
2. A Meditation on Christís Passion, in Martin Lutherís Basic Theological Writings edited by Timothy F. Lull. Augsburg Fortress, 1989. Minneapolis. pp. 166-167.
3. , July 27, 2003.
4. From the third verse of: STRICKEN, SMITTEN, AND AFFLICTED. Words: Thomas Kelly. Music: Jesus, mein Verlangen, Geistliches Volkslied, 1850.
1. David does occasionally ask for the power to fight his enemies directly (e.g. Ps. 41:10), but we must remember that as (anointed or actual) king he did so in a civil capacity. Reading the stories of Davidís persistently peaceful interaction with Saul informs our view of the psalms as well.
A Little Help for a Friend
A Christ Church mission plant is looking for a pastor. The families of Covenant of Grace Church in Elk, Washington, began worshipping together in August, 2002. The church currently has seven households in faithful attendance and is in a position to call a pastor. The pastor needs to be committed to the Reformed faith, covenant renewal worship, Christian education, and the cultivation of parish community. Elk is a rural setting, located just 30 minutes north of Spokane. Those interested should contact Douglas Wilson at PO Box 8741, Moscow, ID 83843.
Back to top
Back to Table of Contents
Copyright © 2012 Credenda/Agenda. All rights reserved.