1. You have likely heard it said that Eskimos have a
large vocabulary for various types of snow. Similarly today,
Asian cultures that have multiple words for various kinds of shame
and guilt. See Guilt and Shame in Chinese Culture: A Cross-cultural
Framework from the Perspective of Morality and
Identity. Bedford, Olwen and Kwang-Kuo Hwang. pp. 127-144.
http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/links/doi/10.1111/ 146 8-5914.00210/full/
2. Diodorus Siculus 33.15.1. One of the principal
non-Greek historians (circa 90-21BC), and a Sicilian who was a
contemporary of Julius Caesar.
3. Mishnah. (seder Nezikin, tractate Makkoth 3.12)
6. Valerius Maximus 2.7.12
7. Mishnah. (seder Nezikin, tractate Makkoth 3:14)
1. Is he already trying to cast the movie? The movie, by the
way, is of course already in progress, directed by Ron Howard
(who showed us Russell Crowe's beautiful mind).
2. This is probably just because they don't have time; the plot
of the book takes place over a period of about twenty-four
hours. Brown does do his best: sparks of attraction are flying
mere hours after the characters are introduced to each other.
3. A search of Amazon.com reveals several books devoted to
A Little Help for Our Friends:
Grace Covenant Church, on the Sunshine Coast in
beautiful British Columbia, is currently looking for a pastor.
Grace Covenant Church was formerly a member of the
Confederation of Reformed Evangelicals, and hopes to be so again. For
more information, please visit either of the following links:
Back to top
Back to Table of Contents
Copyright © 2012 Credenda/Agenda. All rights reserved.