1. For a number of the historical details, I am indebted to Giles Oakley, The Devilís Music (New York, Da Capo Press, 1997)
1. H. L. Mencken, Happy Days (Johns Hopkins Press, 1996), pg. 161.
2. H. L. Mencken, Newspapger Days (Johns Hopkins Press, 1996), pg. 8.
3. H. L. Mencken, Happy Days (Johns Hopkins Press, 1996), pg. xi.
1. The Scofield Study Bible remarks on Ezekiel 43:19: "Doubtless these offerings will be memorial, looking back to the cross, as the offerings under the old covenant were anticipatory, looking forward to the cross. In neither case have animal sacrifices power to put away sin."
Back to top
Back to Table of Contents
Copyright © 2012 Credenda/Agenda. All rights reserved.