Volume 7, Issue 2: Footnotes
Quotations in Order of Appearance
1. Ken Sande, The Peacemaker: A Biblical Guide to Resolving Personal Conflict
(Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1991) p. 41.
2. I.D.E. Thomas, A Puritan Golden Treasury (Carlisle, PA: Banner of Truth,
1977), p. 62
3. Ibid ., p. 62.
4. Ibid ., p. 61.
5. Ibid ., p. 62.
6. Ibid ., p. 62.
7. John Flavel, Works of John Flavel (Carlisle, PA: Banner of Truth Trust,
1982 ) Vol. III, p. 607.
8. Dennis Johnson, "Peacemakers," in John Frame, Evangelical Reunion (Grand
Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1991), p. 171.
9. Thomas M'Crie, The Unity of the Church (Dallas, TX: Presbyterian Heritage,
1989), p. 130.
10.William Gurnall, The Christian in Complete Armour (Moscow, ID: Canon
Press, 1991), pp. 60,54,55.
11. Ken Sande, Peacemaker, p. 77.
12. Cited in Myron Augsburger, The Peacemaker (Nashville, TN: Abingdom Press,
13. Delitzsch cited in John Sanderson, The Fruit of the Spirit (Philadelphia,
PA: Great Commission Publications, 1984) p. 76.
14. Ibid. p.79.
15. Augsburger, Peacemaker , p. 101.
16. Jerry Bridges, The Practice of Godliness (Colorado Springs, CO: Navpress,
1983) pp. 189,198.
17.Ken Gentry, He Shall Have Dominion (Tyler, TX: Dominion Press, 1992)
18. William Symington, Messiah the Prince (Edmonton, AB: Still Waters Revival
Books, 1990 ) pp. 281-282.
19. John Calvin, Commentaries on the Twelve Minor Prophets Vol. IV (Grand
Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, reprint 1979) p. 258.
Tje Puritan Eye:
* This essay was edited and abridged for the modern reader. John Flavel, The
Works of John Flavel, Vol.III (Carlisle, PA: Banner of Truth, 1968) pp.5924.
1. Rodger Stevens, (Moscow, ID: R. Stevens, 1986).
2. Ibid., pp. 7,71.
3. Ibid., pp. 32,33.
4. Ibid., pp. 70.
1.Nebel,. B.J. and R.T. Wright, Environmental Science (Englewood Cliffs,
NJ: Prentice Hall, 1993) p. 2-3.
2. Kozlovsky, D.G., An Ecological and Evolutionary Ethic (Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1974) p. 110.
3. Schaeffer, F.A., Pollution and the Death of Man: The Christian View of Ecology (Tyndale House, Wheaton, IL, 1970) p. 33.
2. Kozlovsky, p. 3.
5. Ibid , p. 15.
1. "A Modest Inquiry Into the Nature of Witchcraft" in Burr, ed. Narratives ofthe Witchcraft Cases: 16481706 (New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1914) p. 413.
1. Marland P. Billings, Structural Geology (Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1972), p. 363.
1. J. Marcellus Kik, An Eschatology of Victory ( Presb. and Reformed Publishing Company, Phillipsburg, New Jersey, 1971) p. 63.
3. Kenneth Gentry, He Shall Have Dominion (Tyler, TX: Institute for Christian
Economics, 1992) p. 399.
4.Ibid . p. 409.
5. Kenneth Gentry, The Beast of Revelation (Tyler, TX: Institute for Christian
Economics, 1989) p. 71.
6. Ibid. pp. 33-39.
7. Ibid. pp. 102-105.
8. Ibid. pp. 68-69.
9. R.C. Sproul, in the foreword to And It Came to Pass (Moscow, ID: Canon
Press, 1993) p. vii.
10. Two excellent treatises on the history of failed prophecy are Gary DeMar's
Last Days Madness, The Folly of Trying to Predict When Christ Will Return (especially
chapter one; Brentwood, TN: Wolgemuth & Hyatt, 1991) and Dwight Wilson's Armageddon
Now! The Premillennarian Response to Russia and Israel Since 1917 (Grand Rapids,
MI: Baker Book House, 1977).
11. Clarence B. Bass, Backgrounds to Dispensationalism (Grand Rapids, MI:
Eerdmans Publ., 1960) p. 129.
12. Charles Spurgeon, Lectures to my Students, First Series (1887), p. 83
cited in Iain H. Murray, The Puritan Hope, Revival and the Interpretation of
Prophecy (Carlisle, PA: The Banner of Truth Trust, 1971) p. 262.
Cave of Adullam:
1.How sad, we felt, that Cave of Adullam never had any footnotes of its
2. The word "to" is very pretty, and it is often used in all kinds of discourse,
ancient and modern.